In Copenhagen at the airport Hilton having a bite to eat and a glass of wine. Waiting to pick up the passes for Roskilde. They are not here now, and I will probably have to come back up here later this afternoon, but hopefully not wait until tomorrow. If that is the case, then I guess I will stay at a hostel tonight or possibly ask Jonathon if I can stay with him or hopefully hear back from Stina. But, ideal would be to just pick the passes up later this afternoon and then head out to Roskilde tonight and set up camp.
Well, I really fucking adore this city. Where to begin...I got a haircut so my hair is cleaned up now. Its not extremely short but the back and sides were cut and thinned out. I still have a good amount of hair in front which I can push forward or back. It is looking very good forward and to the side. I am cleanshaven as well so I am feeling dmn sexy. Defintely gonna get some at Roskilde looking and feeling the way i do. Jason is in London with Sabrina and gets into Copenhagen tomorrow afternoon.
[currently uploading photos to Facebook]
I have spent the last two nights at the Hotel Fox. It is a hotel with a modern asthetic with each of the reooms having been designed by a different artist. [I just realized I forgot to take pictures of my room...anyway] Its lobby is similar to the Standard on Sunset and it has a posh kitchen/bar. I haven't eaten there yet but what is cool about it is that there is a fixed menu. They will bring out like 5 or 6 smaller courses and each (if you are so inclined, and I would be) can come with a drink that has been specially catered to compliment the flavors of the dish.
So let's start from the beginning with Copenhagen...
-Monday: I fly into Copenhagen from Oslo after having spent the day doing laundry and sleeping in at the Anker Hotel (not hostel). Upon leaving Oslo, I purchased a nice big bottle of Jack Daniels and a carton of Marlbro reds from the Duty Free. This has become a tradition. (for the record, I also wanted to get a bottle of Jager, but you are only allowed to bring in one liter of alcohol per person) I get into Copenhagen around 7:30pm and take the train from the airport to central Copenhagen and then take a few-minute cab to the hotel. Get there, settle in, relax, have a drink, hang at the bar, then watch some Simpsons in my room and pass out. The bed was by far the best I have had since arriving in Europe. I had arranged to meet with Jonathan the next day to hang out and I feel asleep in anticipation of getting to chill with him again. I wake up around 11 and go downstairs for some espresso and a smoke and some time on the computer. I found a salon and made an appointment for 1pm. The trains were running late so I just went for my haircut and told him to meet me there. I get my haircut (the style having been already established). She spoke little English but we got by and I really like the result. She had the best style of any of the salons I went into so I chose her. After that, we walked around to a bunch of different stores. I got a black vest from a cool vintage store. Then we went to Illum which is like this 5-floor department store with all kinds of stuff frin jewelery and homeware to adult contemporary clothing to more youthful clothing. I got a pair of red Dr. Denim jeans as well as a Nike reservable, hooded, windbreaker. Then, we met his girlfriend for lunch at Sunset Blvd., a more healthy version of Subway wih oven-baked french fries that were very tasty. We walked for a bit more then parted ways. Cool cat, I really enjoy his company. As I said before, it was really nice to have met some people that I spent good time with. Especially jonathon. We had some great talks and its a nice feeling to know I know someone in Copenhagen who I can stay with and keep in touch with and maybe have send me some cool clothes and Danish music from time to time :) Later in the day, while I was shopping I sent him a text message saying it was good to have met you, we will keep in touch, and remind him I forgot to give him that Marilyn Manson book, he responded: "I can only say same about you man. It was really "cozy to meet you once again in Cph ;) We will definately keep in touch, you are one hell of an interesting person to have as a friend. Oh I totally forgot about it too :b I have to buy it myself. Thanks anyway lad." That gave me a goo feeling. Moving on. I continued to walk around and do shopping and got some great stuff including: a killer pair of headphones, a white hoodie with small polka dots, a couple t-shirts, a J.Lindberg gray hoodie (that I am wearing now), a nice buttion up collaed shirt from Acne. WHich reminds me about what happened while I was at Acne. So i start alking to the salesguy at Acne as I am paying for my stuff....tell him I'm from LA, here for Roskilde, bla bla bla, and he is saying how he couldnt get a ticket this year and all that. So since I couldnt get an extra pass for Jonathons girlfriend, he wasnt going to go, so I still have that extra pass (assuming the correct amount are in the envelope for me). So i am going to make an exchange for him. We had discussed two pairs of jeans yesterday but I am really in a need for cash so I think I will try to get 2000 korner for the pass (a. the festival is sold out and b. the ticket is a vip ticket). I dont know how much they originally went for but $400 seems fair to me. So what I am thinking now is one pair of jeans and 1000 korner. Then, I can get some shoes (which I havent gotten yet and really need) on the credit card and have 1000 kroner for the festival. Which would be cool, so yea. I didnt go out to the bars last night because I want to save money and wanted to get another nice night of sleep before I go back into sleeping-on-a-mat-in-a-tent-with-no-pillow mode. I woke up this morning and did my usual espresso+cigarette+internet and then went to buy a bag because I need something to put my new stuff in. I came back to the hotel, packed up, checked out, and headed here to pick up the passes (which arent here yet and I havent heard back form Jason yet). It is now 2:19pm. And I am frustrated because as I am watching the picture upload to Facebook, the edited ones are not being uploaded, just the originals.
-ds37-
...it is summer, so I go to festivals...
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment