...it is summer, so I go to festivals...

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

3 Weeks, 3 Countries, 3 Festivals...

10:02 AM : LAX : American Airlines terminal: awaiting flight to JFK: en route to London.

The journey begins. The backpack has been packed. It's all in there and if it ain't, I'll get it when I need it.

I have been looking forward to this in an immediate sense for the last few weeks; and, in a distant sense since April when I finally got my ticket to Glastonbury after the arduous process of registration, then trying and trying again thru 3 ticket sales opportunities. Finally, at about 3am in Boulder, Colorado with Dylon, armed with two MacBooks, "You request is being processed." Wow!

Well, it is supposed to rain rain rain at Glasto. Hopefully, the new tent I got will withstand the weather. It should. I got a Laker flag to put on my tent. It's one of those flags that people would put on their car. I was very pleased with the purchase. Pictures to follow. It will defintely help me distinguish my tent from the rest. I remember last summer at T in the Park...haha...wow....these drunk boys and their "I think we had a blue tent, mate" as they stumbled amidst the literally thousands of blue tents at the campsite. They chose to sit down, dodge a bit of the rain under a tree, and sniff poppers to numb the frustration with giggles.

I'm quite excited to be back in some of the places I was one year ago and these NEW festivals. A year older, one more year of maturity, bla. It's been an interesting ride. I'm loving the memories that are creeping back into my mind.
+ Pukkelpop with Sarah and Waldo and Jes!
+ Sneking into Rock en Siene in Paris when I had no money left and climbing up the tower of the soundbooth with those girls from southern France and watching that sea of energy moving in unison to the music of Thom and Radiohead (similar in experience to seeing Masive Attack on the main stage at Coachella 2006 and standing up on the barricade stage-right and watching that pile of energy).
+ at T in the Park, in that tent with Jema and those guys, rainging so hard, just swallowed some pills, passing around spliffs and poppers in a liter bottle...with 7 in a tent that was maybe built for two. Jema couldn't stop talking about the duck feather duveys that she missed oh so much that were back in her flat in London.
+ at Quart festival, walking around with those 2 boys, losing my D & G glasses, drinking Jager in that mini bunk-bed room at Centrum Motel. Apeshit, Mooseshit,...funny kids. Kanye and Tool playing on the same stage to tens of thousands of Nordic white blonde-haired, blue-eyed boys.

It really does go on and on. This will be another adventure.

10:27 AM and I gotta board the flight.

No comments: