...it is summer, so I go to festivals...

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Currency Exchange is a bitch...

To get 170 GBP, I had to give 385.58 USD. Wow.

I figured I would budget myself 50 GBP a day at the festival x 4 days which would give me a budget of 200 GBP.

I need to buy wellies (wellington boots) as well as probably some big waterproof jacket (similar to what I got last year at T in the Park) because this festival is going to be a wet one.

I did get a nice bottle of Maker's Mark and a carton of Marlbro Mediums. The whiskey will be gone by the end of Glastonbury, but the cigarettes should not be. Go DUTY FREE!

It is 6:42 AM and my flight is supposed to depart at 8:30 AM.

So, as far as getting into Glastonbury, I just need to get up to the site. I have all the contact info I need (that which will be of most help will probably be the main production office who was very nice to Jason when he had called earlier). As soon as I get into London, after going thru customs, I need to buy a converter and then get my tookis over to where the coaches are departing from. Still unsure if it was a good decision, I used my Sharpie to change the time on my coach ticket from 3pm to 9pm. It looks ok, but I think if someone sees it and they will obviously notice because my festival ticket won't be on that bus, it will look like I am some shady person. But, anywho, I will get to Glastonbury.

I am the assistant to the manager and U.S. agent that represents a number of acts that work with Primary, but they are not on this festival.
I came all the way from Los Angeles to come to this festival with all the money I had.

I will be fine.

No comments: