Over the course of the next few weeks, I will begin to transcribe hand-written journal entries of the past year and then some. I suppose one question I have is, should I stay true to those entries and add no additional commentary/remarks? I know it will be tough to not want to add on top of those entries. So maybe I will do so in bold or italics in the same way academic scholars do when they add their commentary (e.g. not in original text). Anyway...
what past bodies of entries will I be drawing upon?
-Well, there is one journal that I will certainly be delving into first and that would be the journal which was conceived in Oslo nearly one year ago. July 2nd, 2006 at 8:55pm to be anal about it. This journal lasted until the 6th of September, 2006. The final entery was written at Canter's Deli on Fairfax over "a small order or potato pancakes, roast beef on rye with lettuce and mayo, steak fries; and coffee and water to wash it all down." This journal basically is the documentation of my 2 months in Europe last summer traveling to festivals and otherwise. I went to the Quart festival in Norway, T in the Park in Scotland, Benicassim in Spain, Pukkelpop in Belgium, and Rock en Seine in Paris.I basically went from Norway to Scotland down thru France to Spain over to Italy up thru Switzerland and Germany then up thru Holland and Denmark then back over to Paris and then back to London for my flight back to the States.
-Another journal whose contents may be added, if found (!), will be that of the journal that began sometime towards the end of 2006. It probably covered no more than a month or two of my life, but it did end up being the recipient of my thoughts and reflections upon getting my first and only tattoo just a few weeks into the year of 2007. But, as I hinted at, it was last seen a long time ago..
-The most recent incarnation in the journal of my days and nights and thoughts will be certainly pulled from. This journal was started en route to South by Southwest this year on March 14th. Its initial entries were my notes from the many panel discussions I attended at the conference as well as some drunk and other substance-induced "revelations" and observations.
-There is one other journal from college that I may or may not pull from. It highlights the summer I spent in Seattle (which consisted of many lovely days and nights with my then-partner in crime) and the months after that summer which were part of my senior year of college at the University of Colorado at Boulder.
what won't be covered here?
-detailed memoirs of my sexual exploits and conquests (unless my ego needs a boost and I just can't fight the urge)
-many of the most fantastic concert experiences I have had. This is being typed on a sad note as a result of the loss I endured aout a year ago of all my photos/videos from college (there will indeed certainly be a post dedicated to getting all the feelings off my chest about this loss and about the realness of sentimental digital possessions). But, dont you worry, I have many many many concert experiences still logged up in this head of mine with the aid of many of the wristbands, tickets, and posters I have kept over the years. And, also because of the new digitial property I have created (and have securely stored on an external hard drive!) since my loss.
-and probably other stuff I am embarrassed or ashamed to talk to the random general population of people about .
The creation of a blog doesn't negate the possibility of continuing to keep a journal, does it? Of course not. Right. Glad that is all cleared up.
What will 100% be blogged about by me?
-awesome new music
-awesome old music
-lots of experiences (music, travel, sociology, random shit,...TBD)
-lots of wisdom (yes, I have gray hairs so that means for sure I have legitimacy in the wisdom department). And no, I am not over 23 years old, but I do have some gray hairs.
-and more!
-examples of my sneakiness! I am a fuckin ninja! I have snuck into rock festivals (Rock en Siene, Coachella,...), concerts (Arcade Fire, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Eddie Veder...), clubs (...), and lots of other cool shit that you will simply have to continue tuning in to find out about. It has been said by some (actually, one) that I enjoy it more when I sneak in and there is certainly some truth to his conjecture.
How do I end an entry?...
for now, like this:
-ds-37-
...it is summer, so I go to festivals...
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment