Ok. Back in the press tent. It is about 11:40AM on my third day at Hove. I am currently uploading some videos to YouTube so that I can put them up on Panjea for Jason. They are my videos from Glastonbury that are basically my video notes about the festival and just ideas in general.
Anyway. It is another day and I am feeling closer and closer to fully healthy each day. I am going to head over to the beach after I am done here with the Danish gys and hopefully Berri if we can find her. Last saw her at Interpol last night.
Well, I left off with packing up my tent at 5:30 am on monday, Got on the bus after having dropped my blanket and pillow in the mud while loading my stuff into the storage compartment of the coach. Talked with a funny guy on the bus from the festival into London. I can't remember his name or where he was from but it was a nice interaction for the majority of the bus ride. Get back to London at about 11. So I was completely muddy, head to toe, with my Wellington's still on, looking like quite a bum if it was not understood in the context of the fact that I had just come back from glastonbury. I was greeted with two different kinds of reactions, one being that of sympathy or disgust in peopl's perception that I was some vgarant, dirty bum, and also was greeted with the response of "how was glastonbury" etc. So I got back to the Earl's Court car depot and walked from there to the Tube where I decided to get off at Hyde Park Corner. Figured I would go to the park, smoke a spliff, relax, and stop in at a coffeeshop and blog a little and catch up with myself. Ended up not going thru the park, but instead, walking thru the post district of Chelsea. I got some fuuunnnny stares as I sat outside of Louis Vutton and across the street from Gucci. I watched as the wealth passed by and entered into my journal some interesting thoughts and observations. It would have been quite the juxtaposition had I pulled out my MacBook and watched those curious responses but I felt it more appropriate to just pull out myjournal and write them in. The juxtaposition of me in front of gucci and louis vutton was satisfying enough for the moment. So I then hop on a bus where the bus driver looking at the bill I gave him quite carefully to make sure it was counterfit. His assuming that a vagrant bum has the access to resources of counterfit money was funny enough to hold me over for a littl while as I rode the bus. I got off in an area near Chelsea where I saw a Starbucks (it was Parsons Green). I sat at the Strarbucks for a bit and had some coffee and took an amazing dump and blogged a bit ("Post-Glasto"). I elicited the responses of "how was glastonbury, etc" which was a nice contrast to the "wow, look at this disgusting bum" responses I got when I was in the posh area. Ok, so I finish up at the starbucks and head to the tube where I get off at heathrow. I had to wait a while to check in because I was too early. I had to get my back pack wrapped because there was too much shit hanging off of it (my blanket, my jacket, etc.). So i finally get my bag checked in and I go downstairs to the restaurant and finally have a nice meal. Burger and chips and a maker's on the rocks. I delve deeper into the autobiography of Marilyn Manson (which I haven't talked about at all here yet but I have been reading on and off since I bought it the day I had free in London before the bus to Glastonbury. It is really good and I am finding it quite engaging.) Then, I go to my gate where I sit on my computer again and upload my pictures and videos from Glastonbury. Which I must say with some frustration and disappointment are lacking because of wetness and battery situations which reminds me that I need to either get another camera or I need to purchase an extra battery so that I can always have a back-up battery on me at all times. I get on the plane to Oslo. I satrted playing with iFilm because I wanted to attempt to put all of my video blogs to jason together as one piece. When I get back to LA, I need to start playing with it more because it is really fun and easy. Also, iPhoto editing options are really easy to use and can really improve the quality of pictures, so that is something to also keep in mind. OK, so I get off the plane in Oslo to the wonderful airport that I remember from a year ago. Beatiful modern, wood and glass, clean lines. Beatiful. Get in at like 10:30 or something and the sky is blue. I forgot about all that wow...[break for cigarette]...ok back...so i hop on the train to go to anker hostel...i take it way too far and miss my stop, mind you, it is now about midnight or 1am. So i get off at the totttallly wrong fucking stup in the middle of buttfuck nowhere and there are for sure no more trains going until at least 5 or 6 hours from now, it is totally one of those times where one can go fuuuuuuck and just whine and bitch which i did and hit a couple things and let some anger out. i havent showered in days, i feel disgusting and no here i am in the middle of nowehere. this is when you think about how far you are away from home, how nice it would be to be back up driving up beverly glen left on nicada left on claray, hit the garage opener, take a bottle of water form the garage, take a dump with a toilet that fliushed take a nice hot eshower and get in a nice warm bed and beat off and go to sleep, after thinking about all that, then you get practical, so i tried hitchhiking which did not work, i mean honeslty if you saw how i looked, you would not even come close to thinking about picking me up unless you were some pervy truck driver, so i hike for about a mile or two which felt like hours until i get to a gas station, i asked the clerk there to call me a cab which he does and then he tells me it would be about 700 kroner to get back to where i want to go (which translates into about 110 bucks). so i get in the cab and he says he will take me to the bus stop where i can catch a bus back to oslo which will be about 195 kroner but it doesnt leave for another hour whatever its what i have to do after having gotten in the cab, we see the bus and it has just left my stop so i tell the cabbie to follow it. he chases it down and i flag it down. pay the cabbie 100 kroner for literally a 2 minute drive but it was worth it i guess and then i get in the bus and pay him the 195 kroner and we are on our way....get back to the main bus terminal and then take a 100 kroner cab to the hostel. i get to my room and i have a stinky african above me (no disrepspect, just honest), and a weird like 60 year old guy in the bed next to me, a creepy older german guy who has just put on his motorcycle gear and is heading out at like 3 am and then some guy who looks like a weird mix of italian and middle eastern and is totally a meathead steroid guy,....i shower and put something in the outlet to charge and pass out. the next day is tuesday (the first day of hove which i miss a lot of the music i really wanted to see) but ya know what i had to do my laundry and i had to get a nice rest in a bed, sleep til like noon and pay for an additional night at the hostel so i dont have to leave. i do all my laundry have some food relax, smoke a spliff and then head to the bus terminal at 6. take a 6:15 bus which takes 5 hours!!!!! to get to hove. i get there and that is when the shit begins. it is pouring so fuckng hard and i dont have a place to sleep and i cant get my passes until the next day. it is an ugly sceene. i sleep in a parking garage and i just do it. had to. the next morning, i am awoken by polic offficers who remind me that the parking garage is not a campsite to which i respond it was raining so hard last night and i couldnt get to the festival, they chuckle in understanding and say they will be back in 30 minutes and i wont be there when they get back, right? yes. so i pack up and go to subway for a sandwich, some iced tea, and a major poo. then i head over to the festival. i get to the festival ground, meet marina (?) in the bandit office, get my passes, get my camping pass and shit, find a nice spot near the bbq pits and set up shop. niiiiice, i am here. walking around with my bottle of maker's mark in hand it is not that hard to meet people, after then getting over the obstacle of i dont speak your language, i get to know three quite attractive boys from denmark and a girl from stravanger. we hang out for awhile drinking and bullshiting,...i walk around the site to get my bearings, check out the main stage where i see they have a wire camera, which i had previously only seen used at sporting events, bla bla bla...then the arcade fire and the killers, we so lived in the moment, met pierre who is an assistant to toffen whoi is really funny and nice. and it becomes a night of booze and beer and then a spliff...then we have yesterday...i am not in the mood to go into all this right now. but i got sick along the way. im sure sleeping in that damn parking garage and being wet and cold didnt help at all, but i am getting better each day and by the time i get back and go to roskilde i will be feeling like a million bucks again and there is an unbelievable line up there and i will be with jason and i cant fucking wait it will be a blast. i am currently still uploading those videos to youtube for jason from glastonbury so i can put them up on panjea...oh, so an online magazine called Henne (www.henne.no) took pictures of me and asked me questions they said i would be up on their site for festival style, after having thought about it i would have answered their questions differently (namely, do you have any style icons? i would have now said jim morrison, pete doherty, and carlos d (from interpol))
okok, i have to go to the beach with the boys, more later, having a blast.....
cheers,
ds37
...it is summer, so I go to festivals...
Friday, June 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment